Well, here we are again. Again.
It finally happened: this site got hacked. God knows why – it would appear that it was done just because it could be done, more out of a form of mischief than anything else. Why those nasty, malevolent, probably pustulant, little berks think this is amusing or clever beats me.
Anyway, my hosting company recommended having the site cleaned in case any malicious code had been installed. I looked into a few DIY options and, after my little brain had exploded – and then exploded again when I saw what it would cost to have someone do it for me – I realised I was going to have to bite the bullet, delete the lot and start afresh with a new install of WordPress. Oh such joy.
Then, of course, I decided that I really ought to do that whole security/SSL thing properly, especially as my host offers a freebie for this. Not that a site like this needs it but still…. So, 5 days later (it only felt like 5 weeks) I finally have a functioning – and secure – website. I’ve nearly lost the will to live re-uploading all the images and wondering whether to reorganise them and, if so, how. I might get that finished in another few days *fingers crossed*. Hey, that means I can say “come back later and see what’s (sort-of) new”!
Time for a well-deserved snifter :)